Sheila is the founder of MC Works. Her guiding principle is to use psychology to improve working life. Over the last 11 years, she has worked with a wide range to clients to improve both individual and organisational effectiveness & well-being. MC Works can help with people issues at all stages of the employee lifecycle from recruitment, to training and development, career progression through to transition.
Industry experience – quite a variety…
- Technology – IT, Engineering, Scientific & Biotechnology
Approach – any combination of these can be used depending on the context…
- Action learning & peer learning groups
To provide a flavour of the type of work MC Works does – projects have included….
- Management Development Programmes and Action Learning Groups for CSR (now Qualcomm).
- Regular Leadership Development and Personal Effectiveness workshops for Cambridge Network.
- Leadership Development Programme for The Huntercombe Group.
- Coaching and Mentoring for Leadership Programmes for Barchester Healthcare.
- Facilitating an Organisational Change Programme for the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute.
- European Management Development Programmes for Monsanto.
- Introduction of competency based Recruitment & Performance Management Processes for Monsanto.
- Team Development Workshops for Dante Cambridge & Spectral Edge.
- Equality and Diversity Programme for the Olympic Delivery Authority.
- Mentoring Programme for the DCLG.
The academic bit…
BSc Hons in Psychology, UCL
MA in Human Resource Management and Employee Relations, University of Hertfordshire
Certificate in Coaching, Henley Business School, University of Reading
To continue developing – professional memberships…
British Psychological Society
Association of Business Psychologists
Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development
Association for Coaching